CR805/CR825/CE875 - Operator Cleaning Procedures Multi-hopper Printer
Use the Isopropanol Cleaning CardClean the printer with the isopropanol cleaning card each time you change the ink ribbon, or more often if necessary.
Clean a Multi-hopper Printer1. Remove the ink ribbon and retransfer film cartridges, and the cleaning sleeve. Refer to “Before You Begin” on page 6.
2. Unlock the multi-hopper.
b. Slide the lock bar release button (B1) to the left to release the hopper lock bars (b).
c. Rotate the center lock bar to the left to provide access to the H2 and H5 multi-hopper input cartridges (c)
4. Lift the card weight to the top of the cartridge and gently pull it forward until it locks in position (e).
5. Remove the unprinted cards from the H2 cartridge (f). Handle the cards by the edges or wear card inspection gloves.
6. Open the cleaning card package and remove the isopropanol cleaning card.
7. Peel off the center strips on both sides of the adhesive cleaning card. Leave the side strips in place.
8. Load the adhesive cleaning card in the H2 cartridge and close the cartridge door (g). Load the cleaning card in the input hopper.
9. Lock the multi-hopper.
b. Slide the lock bar release button to the right to lock the lock bars into place.
c. Lock the multi-hopper door lock.
11. When the cleaning cycle completes, remove the used cleaning card.
- If the printer does not have locks: The isopropanol cleaning card is ejected into the output hopper.
b. Discard the cleaning card.
- If the printer has locks: The isopropanol cleaning card is placed in the printer reject tray (RT1).
b. Remove the used cleaning card from the printer reject tray (RT1).
c. Discard the cleaning card.
13. Install the ink ribbon and retransfer film.
b. Replace the cartridges in the printer.
c. Close and lock the printer access door.