Video Identification for Document-Signing Certificates using WebID
Document signing certificates verify author and document authenticity, establishing trust for electronically transmitted documents in real time. In order to ensure that Document Signing Signatures can be trusted, video identification with the certificate subscriber is required. Face-to-face video verification ensures that Document-Signing certificates are issued only to the authorized party listed on the certificate, helping to reduce the risk of identity theft or impersonation.
We are proud to partner with WebID, an industry leader remote identity verification. When you submit your certificate request, you will receive an email that contains a link to connect with a WebID agent to complete your video identification. Upon initiating the session, you will be entered into a video conference call so the WebID agents can confirm your identity.
What do I need to start my WebID face-to-face validation?
- Your unique WebID video verification URL and transaction number will be sent to you during the verification process
- A smart phone or tablet running the WebID mobile application is recommended. Just search for “WebID” in Apple App Store or Google Play to download the application. Simply enter your transaction number in the application to launch your session.
- Alternatively, you can use a computer or laptop that is equipped with a webcam (camera) that supports a minimum resolution of 640x480 and a browser that supports the WebRTC protocol. Please note that some secure networks may block WebRTC connections.
- A stable internet connection
- Must be at least 16 years old
Supported Mobile Device or Tablet Operating Systems
Supported Browsers using WebRTC:
Tips for best results:
- It is recommended that you download the mobile application from the Apple App Store or Google Play to use for your video verification call.
- For video connection, your internet speed should be at least 2 Mbit/s. If it is lower, stop any downloads, uploads, or automatic updates on the device
- Ensure you are in a bright room for the video call
- If you are using a laptop or PC, make sure you have the latest version of the browser you will be using
- Unplug the devices that you do not need at the moment from USB ports or use another USB connection for your webcam. If your webcam is connected to a USB hub, try connecting it directly into a USB port on the computer
Where can I find my WebID link?
Your link will be emailed to you after submitting your certificate request.
My video quality is not ideal. What might be the cause?
Possible reasons for poor video quality:
- Slow internet connection. Check to ensure you are not downloading large files that may be using bandwidth.
- Poor lighting conditions. Move to a brighter room.
- Your webcam may be connected via a USB 1.0 port
- The minimum resolution of the webcam may be too low
- A firewall or virus scanner may be affecting your outgoing video
When I click on the link to start video call, I receive the following error:
The process was aborted, an error occurred!
Message: No active process exists.
The provided link may no longer be valid. Please contact [email protected]
Who can I contact for support in regards to my validation?
For questions related to the validation for your certificate, please email us at [email protected]
For more information about our partner, visit their help page: